Thai Noodles with Cashews, Asparagus and Tofu (serves 4 or 2 very hungry people)
Learning a new computer program which includes nutritional data is a real challenge! I still have no idea how to export the recipes, but I am pretty adept at cutting and pasting, so I can get the raw data and format it here. But the recipe was delicious! Try it, you’ll like it! ~ Glyn and Will
Thai Noodles with Cashews, Asparagus and Tofu
1/2 cup onion
1 tbsp. fresh red pepper
1/2 cup fresh sweet pepper
4 green onions (scallions), sliced
2 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 large asparagus spears, sliced thin (about1 cup`)
6 oz. tofu
1 cup Chopped cilantro
1/2 cup whole cashew nuts
6.5 oz coconut milk
1.75 oz Thai Peanut Sauce Mix
4 oz. rice noodles
1 small lime, cut in wedges
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
1. Prepare the rice noodles according to package instructions and keep warm
2. Prepare the peanut sauce mix according to the package instructions, keep warm.
3. Heat the oil in a wok.
4. Stir fry the onions, peppers, garlic and cashews.
5. Add the asparagus and tofu.
6. Stir fry until the asparagus is crisp tender.
7. Add the peanut sauce and stir to combine.
8. Stir in the chopped cilantro and basil.
9. Add the noodles and stir to coat.
10. Serve garnished with the lime wedges.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Serving size: 1/4 of a recipe (15.1 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.
Amount Per Serving
Calories From Fat (64%) 293.69
% Daily Value
Total Fat 34.3g 53%
Saturated Fat 11.35g 57%
Cholesterol 24.1mg 8%
Sodium 1776.9mg 74%
Potassium 921.49mg 26%
Total Carbohydrates 23.44g 8%
Fiber 5.65g 23%
Protein 21.17g 42%
Recipe Type: Gluten-Free, Main Dish, Vegan, Vegetables