Eggplant and Basil Pizza (serves 4)
Happy Mother’s Day to all! This is a gloriously beautiful day, and this pizza is perfect for those who want to make a great meal for mom but may not yet have perfected their cooking skills! Mom will love it! ~ Glyn and Will
Eggplant and Basil Pizza
1 gluten-free pizza crust (or pizza crust mix)
1 1/2 cup eggplant puree
1/4 cup pesto
1 cup onion, sliced (vidalia if available)
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
10-12 basil leaves
1/4 tsp salt and crushed red pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450. If using a prepared crust, skip to step 5.
2. If using a mix, prepare the crust according to the package instructions
3. While the dough is rising, combine the baked eggplant with the pesto.
4. When the dough has risen, use your hands to spread it to a 12″ round.
5. Spread the eggplant/pesto mixture over the crust.
6. Top with the onions, tomatoes and basil leaves
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Yield: one 12″ pizza
Oven Temperature: 450°F
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes