Broccoli, Mushroom and Cheese Stuffed Baked Potatoes
With fewer than 400 calories and 15 grams of protein per serving, this is a quick, easy, filling main course. Use either chopped nuts or bacon bits as the topping. Supplement it with a cup of vegetable soup and dinner is all set!
2 medium baking potatoes baked and slightly cooled
1 tsp olive oil
2 oz mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 tsp minced garlic
2 cups broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
1 chicken bouillon cube, dissolved in 1 cup water
1 tbsp corn starch, dissolved in one tbsp cold water
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 tbsp chopped toasted nuts, optional
salt, pepper and herbs of your choice
1. Bake the potatoes in the microwave or conventional oven. Keep hot.
2. Saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil. Stir in the broccoli and cook until crisp tender.
3. Add the chicken bouillon, herbs of your choice and salt and pepper.
4. Simmer 5 minutes.
5. Add the cheese and stir till melted. If needed, thicken with 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in one tbsp cold water.
6. Split the potatoes, season with salt and pepper and top with the broccoli mixture.
7. Top with chopped toasted pecans or bacon crumbles.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 1/2 of a recipe (11.6 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients. One of the recipe’s ingredients was not linked. This ingredient is not included in the recipe nutrition data.
Recipe Type: Gluten-Free, Main Dish, Potatoes, Pasta, and Grains, Vegetarian