Asian Stir Fry Chicken
Set the chicken up to marinate overnight, and the next day you can have this dish meal ready in half an hour.
The Singapore Spice is optional. It’s a blend of black pepper, lemon peel, garlic, onion, turmeric, coriander, cumin, fenugreek, ginger, nutmeg, fennel, cinnamon, white pepper, cardamom, cloves, and cayenne.
This and many other wonderful spices and blends may be found online at http://www.penzeys.com.
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 tbs soy sauce (gluten-free)
2 tbsp olive or sesame oil
2 tsp molasses
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sesame seeds (white, black or mixed)
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried onion
1 tsp Penzey’s Singapore Seasoning OPTIONAL
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
1 lb broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
1 cup onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cup uncooked rice
1. Rinse and pat the chicken dry.
2. In a small bowl or ziploc bag, combine all soy sauce, olive (or sesame oil) and the spices. Mix well.
3. Add the chicken, making sure all the pieces are covered with the marinade. Refrigerate from 2 hours to overnight, turning occasionally.
4. Prepare the rice and keep it warm.
5. In a large skillet or wok, sauté the chicken, in it’s marinade, until cooked through. if it begins to burn, lower the heat. (Molasses will turn to caramel) Remove the chicken, but keep warm.
6. Adding additional oil if necessary, sauté the onion, mushrooms, and broccoli until crisp tender.
7. Return the chicken to the skillet and reheat, adding up to a 1/4 cup of water or chicken broth if things are too dry.
8. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve over rice.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Inactive Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serving size: 1/4 of a recipe (14.7 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients. One of the recipe’s ingredients was not linked. This ingredient is not included in the recipe nutrition data.
Recipe Type: Gluten-Free, Main Dish, Poultry