Grilled Lamb Chops with Za’Atar and Pomegranate Molasses
With only five ingredients (plus salt and pepper) this dish is simple but delicious. To eliminate smoke and grease in the house, I grill these in a Staub grill pan on an induction burner on the screened porch. Cooking takes only about 10 minutes so outdoor cooking is possible, even in January. Both Za’Atar and Pomegranate Molasses are available online or from Middle Eastern markets. I enjoy shopping in the grocery section of Olive Branch Gourmet Foods in East Ridge, TN.
Serve this with grilled asparagus and minted rice.
3/4 lb loin lamb chops (2-3 chops)
1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
1-2 tsp Za’Atar seasoning
1 tbsp extra virgin olive-oil
2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
1. In a quart size ziplock bag, combine the Za-atar spice, pomegranate molasses, olive oil.
2. Add the lambchops, seal and turn several times to cover the chops. Marinate about 2 hours (or overnight) turning occasionally.
3. Heat your grill or grill pan until very hot. (too hot to hold your hand over for more than a second or two.)
4. Cook the chops about 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare. Set aside to rest for five minutes.
5. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and serve.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours and 15 minutes
Serving size: 1/2 of a recipe (6.3 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients. 2 of the recipe’s ingredients were not linked. These ingredients are not included in the recipe nutrition data.
Recipe Type: Low-Carb, Main Dish, Meat