Chicken Patties 2020
Exported from my Master Cook Account
Start to finish: 1 hour 30 minutes
Notes: I remember making and enjoying chicken croquettes as a young cook in the 1970’s. That recipe was fun even though it was labor and time intensive. This 21st century recipe has more chicken and very little filler or binder, but a lovely savory taste. Note that the uncooked mixture is quite soft, but cooks up very moist and tender. If you prefer a more solid patty, feel free to add more bread crumbs. These would also work very well on a bun as chicken burgers.
Serving Ideas: Serve with a simple sauce such as a mixture of 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup stone ground sweet mustard, and 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice.
Goes well with creamed spinach.
Categories: Main Dish, Poultry Entrees, Poultry Mains
1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon powdered chicken stock base
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Cut the chicken into one inch cubes. Using a food processor, grind coarsely until no large pieces remain.
2. In a large bowl, combine the chicken and the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Chill for at least one hour.
3. When ready to cook, heat 1/8 inch vegetable oil to medium in a nonstick skillet. With wet hands, form the mixture into four patties and place into the hot oil.
4. Cook slowly until browned and crisp (about 10-12 minutes per side).
5. If desired, serve with your favorite sauce. I like a mixture of 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice and 1/4 cup stone ground sweet mustard.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 476 Calories; 22g Fat (42.5% calories from fat); 56g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 266mg Cholesterol; 520mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Source: All Good Gifts, Glyn Ruppe Melnyk
Copyright: All Good Gifts 2020