Braised Lamb Shoulder Blade Chops Provencal
I can’t always find lamb at the nearest grocery store, so when it’s in stock I make sure to get it. These lamb shoulder blade chops are perfect for a braise with onions, celery, garlic, red wine and herbs de Provence. The temperatures are dropping once again and this will make for a very pleasant dinner.
1 lbs thick lamb should blade chops
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup dry red wine
2 medium carrots peeled and cut in 2″ pieces
1 large potato, peeled and cut in thick slices
2 tsp dried herbs de Provence
onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 275. Pat the chops dry and season with salt, pepper, powdered onion, powdered garlic and some of the herbs de Provence. Set aside
2. In the oil in an oven proof casserole, saute the onion, garlic and celery until golden. Remove to a bowl or plate.
3. Increase the heat till nearly smoking and sear the chops on both sides,
4. Quickly return the sauted vegetables to the pan. Add the carrots and potatoes. Sprinkle on the remaining herbs de Provence.
5. Pour the wine over all, cover, and place in the preheated oven, Cook, covered, 1 1/2 hours.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
Oven Temperature: 275°F
Serving size: 1/2 of a recipe (20.8 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients. 2 of the recipe’s ingredients were not linked. These ingredients are not included in the recipe nutrition data.
Amount Per Serving
Recipe Type: Gluten-Free, Main Dish, Meat