A simple but hearty main dish. For a recipe for homemade chicken stock, see Rich Chicken Stock at
Cook the pasta until nearly done before combining with the chicken mixture. Be sure to stir to well combine.
If you want a creamier sauce, increase the amount of cornstarch, and add extra cheese.
3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, shredded
3 canned artichoke hearts, chopped about 1/2 cup (optional)
1/4 cup green peas, frozen
1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cups chicken stock or canned chicken broth
8 oz spaghetti, broken and cooked al denté
1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated (more if desired)
1. Saute the onion, mushroom and garlic in the olive oil. Add the chopped artichoke (if using) the chicken, and the peas.
2. Stir in the chicken broth basil and salt and pepper and bring all to a low boil.
3. Reduce heat, stir in the dissolved corn starch. Simmer three minutes to thicken. Correct seasoning to taste.
4. Place the cooked spaghetti in a lightly oiled 9 inch baking dish. Pour the chicken mixture over and stir to mix.
5. Top with the grated parmesan.
6. Cover and bake at 250 for half an hour, or until heated through. Don’t overcook unless you really like crunchy noodles!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Oven Temperature: 250°F
Serving size: 1/4 of a recipe (19.8 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.
Recipe Type: Main Dish, Potatoes, Pasta, and Grains, Poultry