Tomato, Artichoke and Mushroom Fritatta
Bring a bit of the Mediterranean to your table! This Fritatta will serve 6 as a luncheon entree or 4 for a dinner. Pair with a green salad, a crisp white wine and some fresh fruit, and you’ll think you’re vacationing on the Riveria…OK, maybe not, but your taste buds will thank you for the experience.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive-oil, plus additional to oil pan
4 oz. artichoke bottoms, rinsed, drained and thinly sliced
1/4 cup dried tomatoes, reconstituted, drained and cut into thin strips
4 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup onions, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup sliced greek olives
1/4 cup cream
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried basil
1 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
1. In a large, heavy bottomed, oven proof pan or casserole, sauté the onions, mushrooms and garlic in the oil.
2. Stir in the tomatoes, artichoke bottoms, capers, and spices.
3. Continue to cook until all are lightly browned.
4. Adjust seasoning, and add salt and pepper as desired.
5. Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and let cool to warm.
6. Wipe out pan and rub with oil to keep frittata from sticking during baking.
7. Preheat oven to 375F.
8. In a medium size bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Do not over-beat.
9. Stir in the cream and half the cheese, reserving other half for topping.
10. Return the vegetable mixture to the prepared pan. Add the egg mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
11. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until puffed and golden.
12. A knife inserted into the thickest part will come out clean.
13. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Oven Temperature: 375°F
Serving size: 1/6 of a recipe (7.7 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients. One of the recipe’s ingredients was not linked. This ingredient is not included in the recipe nutrition data.
Amount Per Serving
Recipe Type: Brunch, Gluten-Free, Main Dish