Walnut Sage Tortellini
Super easy and quick. A filling winter supper dish, especially good for those evenings when you are already cooking for the holidays and don’t have the time or the energy for lots of preparation. Great with a dry white wine.
6 oz dried cheese tortellini
1 tsp chopped garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup walnut halves
1/2 tsp dried sage
1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
salt to taste
1. Boil the tortellini according to the package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil to medium in a skillet, Don’t let it smoke.
3. Lightly brown the mushrooms and walnuts. Add the garlic last and don’t let it burn.
4. Season with the sage, cayenne flakes and salt to taste.
5. Toss with the drained pasta, adding a few tablespoons of the cooking liquid, if desired.
6. Serve in shallow bowls, topped with the shaved parmesan.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 1/2 of a recipe (7.2 ounces).
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients. One of the recipe’s ingredients was not linked. This ingredient is not included in the recipe nutrition data.
Amount Per Serving
Recipe Type: Main Dish, Pasta